Broken D800 10 pin connector

Started May 28, 2014 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Knockyhanoggin New Member • Posts: 1
Broken D800 10 pin connector

WARNING:  Just dropped my D800 off to Nikon Repair. ( just out of warrantee)  Another 10 pin connector problem.  Used port only 2 times with MC30 remote, socket started to float.  Repair est. $246   Nikon refused to repair without charging, however did offer a 20% discount.  To them, it seems to be all about money, so I will get camera repaired and sell all my Nikon equipment.  If you have not used the port yet, avoid using it,  especially if your out of camera warrantee.  Been a professional photographer for over 35 years and have had nothing but problems using Nikon equipment. (F3hp ,D300 and now D800)   Nikon knows the D800 and D800E 10 pin remote connector is defective since production.  The camera will cost you about $3,000.00,  the repair to replace the ($2.00) pin, at least $246, no bargain there.  Ps,  I told Nikon to keep their 20% discount and make the repair so I can sell the camera.

Nikon D800
36 megapixels • 3.2 screen • Full frame sensor
Announced: Feb 7, 2012
Knockyhanoggin's score
Average community score
Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow