D610 autofocus not working

Started Nov 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kaushal Modi New Member • Posts: 4
Re: D610 autofocus not working

fhost wrote:

I was changing a bunch of settings and I got this problem. It took me a while to discover that I had caused it by setting MENU - CONTROLS - f4 - Assign AE-L/AF-L button to AF-ON. I hadn't realized that in doing so it removed the autofocus capability from the release button. Taking it off AF-ON resolved my problem.

I concur. I also freaked out when "all of a sudden" my D610 started working in ONLY release priority in both AF-S and AF-C even through it was configured as focus priority in AF-S. Later I figured that once you assign AF-ON function to any of the configurable buttons, the half-click focus stops working. That is by design; mentioned in D610 manual.

My detailed reply in a Flickr discussion thread: https://www.flickr.com/groups/d600club/discuss/72157631958556973/page3/#comment72157644808844844

But again, the OP mentioned that they tried the 2-button reset. So that should have reset the AF-ON reconfig too.

Kaushal Modi's gear list:Kaushal Modi's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow