a6000 - the nifty beastie or X-T1 - the pricey one?

Started May 26, 2014 | Discussions thread
Chad Hardy
Chad Hardy Senior Member • Posts: 1,192
Re: a6000 - the nifty beastie or X-T1 - the pricey one?

Dabbler wrote:

Granted the a6000 is probably the fastest autofocusing mirrorless and has a great price. The Fuji X-T1 offers other features such as great user experience (on body controls), weatherproofing, huge bright EVF and superb lenses. I have the NEX7 and hardly ever use it. The Fuji kit zoom is far superior to Sony's. Although Sony has improved its lens lineup somewhat to get good glass I had to invest in Zeiss lenses for the E series. And the Fuji has that prized cinematic IQ which is characteristic of their X Trans sensor.

For action I would pick the a6000, for everything else I would pick the X-T1.

-- hide signature --

Michael

That's just it.  I shoot lots of action with my X-T1 and it really is great.  It might be a bit slower in some cases, but I don't have an issue getting good shots with it.  If they were paying gigs I might think differently, but honestly it really is great.

For instance much better than my A77 at tracking, which was a great camera itself.  The X-T1 really is solid for action in my opinion.  I do understand the initial lock challenges, I have dealt with them as well.  However it doesn't affect me enough that I fail to get great shots.

Reviews are required to show separation among devices, even if they are really small.  In this case I really don't think it makes much difference for 99% of shooters.  If you are a pro getting paid, you would get the D4s anyway.  Why compromise.  I wouldn't!

Chad Hardy's gear list:Chad Hardy's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Sony RX100 III Olympus E-M1 +16 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow