a6000 - the nifty beastie or X-T1 - the pricey one?

Started May 26, 2014 | Discussions thread
Keit ll Veteran Member • Posts: 4,306
Re: a6000 - the nifty beastie or X-T1 - the pricey one?

I tend to agree with the whole tone of your post. One thing that is certain in my mind if the XT-1 had the same sensor as the a6000 & was more closely priced then I would buy it without too much hesitation.

I would pay more for style & general handling qualities & most decidedly pay more for the good IQ Fuji lenses. However the price difference is sufficient for the dilemma to be very real.

Fuji have been experimenting with prices - see all the lens & bundle deals - & I suspect that they may need to lower prices across the board & maybe reconsider their stance on having a unique CFA on their sensors together with the associated RAW development issues.

Sony dropped the price on the A6000 when compared with the high initial price of the NEX 7 & now that model is more realistically priced when compared with the smaller entry level DSLR's from Canikon.

The 16-50mm on the A6000 is quite a good performer & it needs to be taken into consideration that the majority of mid-range camera buyers do not seem to buy any extra lenses so that the appeal of the better range of Fuji lenses is only going to appeal to the more enthusiastic photographers

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow