No more Nx2. Welcome to NXD!

Started Feb 25, 2014 | Discussions thread
mjevans Regular Member • Posts: 361
Re: No more Nx2. Welcome to NXD!

I've been doing a lot of reading and playing with trials of other software. I'm not going to rush into anything as cnx will continue to be fine for me for some time (until I change my camera or operating system). However I've been looking into options for exporting my edited nefs into other software.

The obvious thing to do is to export as tif. You can do this via a batch process in cnx but a) it is horribly slow and b) the file size grows massively (30Mb NEF ends up 140MB tif in the worst cases).

The biggest problem I've not been able to overcome is removing the sharpening in the adjustment steps. Some other software is now better than cnx at sharpening so I generally want all my edits except sharpening (you don't want to put one sharpening algorithmn over the top of another one). You can reset sharpening in the picture controls (which I don't tend to use anyway) in a batch process but not easily in the adjustment step (which I often use). I tried creating an adjustment change for just sharpening (with everything turned down to 0) and applying that in a batch process but it just adds that adjustment. If you select to see the diffs when cnx spots you are applying a change that already exists you can elect to delete the original sharpening but unfortunately this only works for one image. As soon as you select many images the differences dialogue shows steps with ??? as the step name.

What I need in the batch menu is a "delete adjustment". Any other ideas?

mjevans's gear list:mjevans's gear list
Nikon D7100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
(unknown member)
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow