G1X VS G1X Mark II LENS SHARPNESS and IMAGE QUALITY
I'm a proud owner of the G1X and have produced great results with it knowing and understanding its particular limitations. I don't mind eventually upgrading to the newer model but I would like to gain some insight into specific aspects both cameras namely sharpness and overall image quality.
I can ascertain from my own experience and others here that the sharpness of the original G1X is very good throughout the range being at least as good as Canon's own 15-85mm. Some have even gone as far as to say that the lens quality gives some of the L series lenses a good run for their money.
See the following links:
Canon G1X vs 7D + 24-70mm f2.8L USM
Canon G1X vs 5D Mark II + 24-105mm f4L
So the key questions I have are the following:
1) Is the G1X Mark ii sharper or as sharp as the original G1X across the range
2) Although both cameras seem to use the same sensor does the G1X Mark II apply more noise reduction to high ISO images obliterating overall detail. I personally prefer a slightly noisier image where details are preserved
3) How is the RAW dynamic range of the G1X Mark II compared to the original. I ask the question because the following graph doesn't look particularly promising.
If anyone who has used both cameras able to give me an insightful reply that'd be greatly appreciated. Others are also welcome to comment.
Lastly if Sony with their RX100 Mark III have sorted out their image stabilisation issues and their 24-70mm proves to be sharp across the range then it may well be within consideration although I much prefer Canon's colour rendition, user interface and overall reliability.
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|May 24, 2014|
|May 24, 2014||5|
|May 24, 2014||2|
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!