Started May 21, 2014 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
MayaTlab0
MayaTlab0 Senior Member • Posts: 2,720
Re: true

qianp2k wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

The problem is that most outstanding EF lenses that designed and optimized on FF sensors have no APS-C counterparts that cover the same or close FL.

True, that is a problem...and mostly a result of a business choice.

Unlike APS-C platform that Canon and Nikon don't commit all resources in and not the only choice in their lineup, Panasonic and Olympus commit 100% of their resources into this mFT platform and design and optimize with the best effort on mFT lenses that work better than lenses designed for larger-format and used thru adapters.

Indeed. And that's why, as far as I'm concerned, the choice is either Canon / Nikon FF or other brands. Which is a shame, as I could very well be interested in Canon or Nikon APSC cameras if they had the primes lineup to back them up.

It possibly is a business decision. But one that makes me look with strong interest at other brands.

Or it could simply be that they aren't particularly clever decisions-makers. Sony's lens lineup is a pretty telling example of that.

In any case I don't think it's a question of resources. Nikon has been releasing a new 18-xxxxxxxx super mega giga zoom every year while they could have easily released a few fast higher-end zooms or primes instead.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow