This thread is locked.
qianp2k Forum Pro • Posts: 10,350
Re: true

Mako2011 wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

I said in order to get best performance, a lens MUST designed and optimized on that specific crop format.

That is actually not true as a well designed/optimized FF lens may also be outstanding on APS-C as well. On does not necessarily preclude the other. Many cases of that.

Still try if there is a well designed APS-C lens and optimized on APS-C sensor will still beat that FF lens on the same APS-C sensor.

Not really the case...In general. Too many really good FF lens out there (and expensive ones) so you can almost always find a FF lens (at a given focal length) that will out perform a dedicated APS-C lens (at a given focal length) across the frame.

Canon and Nikon APS-C/DX formats are not really are good examples as Canon and Nikon don't put much resources on their APS-C formats but in their FF formats.

Kind of a strange way to say you "understand",

Not sure what's your understanding that seems different from my understanding.

but at least you can see the difference. Good luck going forward.

Absolutely difference between crop and FF.  FF system (lens + sensor) is much better than APS-C or smaller crop system in IQ.

My point is that,

if APS-C lens is equally well designed and optimized on APS-C, then it will perform better than a FF lens designed and optimized on an APS-C camera with the same or similar FL on the same FF eq spec such as a F1.8 lens on APS-C vs a F2.8 lens on FF;

However the same APS-C lens on APS-C camera is still not as good as the FF lens on a FF camera.

Sigma 18-35/1.8 is such a good sample.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow