Wondering if there is a way to do this..

Started May 23, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mactac
mactac Regular Member • Posts: 287
Wondering if there is a way to do this..

There are twi things that I'd really like to be able to do on my D800, and wondered if there was some way to set up the camera to be able to accomplish them:

1.  I like manual mode, simply because the camera never seems to get the exposure right, and using exposure compensation is a bit of a pain (2 hands), and I like the exposure to be consistent shot-to-shot.

What I would really love is if there was a way to set it up so I could press a button (eg the AE-L buttin) for it to meter & set the shutter speed to what it thinks it should be.  As if it was in A mode, but leaves it in M mode so I can adjust the shutter as needed.  The exposure would stay locked, and I can make really quick adjustments with the back dial (shutter speed)

2.   I like the idea of using a second memory card as a backup, but I delete bad shots as I go.  When I delete a photo, it doesn't delete the duplicate on the other card, so when I get back home, it's a mess - I have pictures on one card that are not on the other card & have to sort it all out.  Is there some sort of setting that, when I delete a photo, it will delete both copies?  It seems like an obvious thing, but I can't seem to make it happen.

mactac's gear list:mactac's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR +3 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow