Is a FF camera worth it for these reasons? Locked

Started May 21, 2014 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Mako2011
MOD Mako2011 Forum Pro • Posts: 24,983
true

qianp2k wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

I said in order to get best performance, a lens MUST designed and optimized on that specific crop format.

That is actually not true as a well designed/optimized FF lens may also be outstanding on APS-C as well. On does not necessarily preclude the other. Many cases of that.

Still try if there is a well designed APS-C lens and optimized on APS-C sensor will still beat that FF lens on the same APS-C sensor.

Not really the case...In general. Too many really good FF lens out there (and expensive ones) so you can almost always find a FF lens (at a given focal length) that will out perform a dedicated APS-C lens (at a given focal length) across the frame.

The problem is that most outstanding EF lenses that designed and optimized on FF sensors have no APS-C counterparts that cover the same or close FL.

True, that is a problem...and mostly a result of a business choice.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow