Huge Deal Breaker - Sony RX 100 iii (3)

Started May 19, 2014 | Discussions thread
newellj Senior Member • Posts: 1,062
Re: Not really

Michael Kaufman wrote:

newellj wrote:

I think this is all fairly in the category of personal preference and use habits.

Definitely. I think that's why they kept the flash and dumped the hotshoe. Now that the EVF is built in, most people don't care about the hotshoe any more.

Contrary to a few of the posts here, recognizing the limitations involved in keeping the camera approximately its original size, I think Sony has done a great job creating two variations on the original RX100.

Agreed. I thought the RX100 was the best compact I had ever used and the RX100m2 was a nice upgrade. The MarkIII is shaping up to be the compact I have always dreamed about. If the performance matches the promise, I am going to be a very happy camper.

Totally agree on the Mk I and Mk II.  Still on the fence about the Mk III.  I had and loved an LX3 but got really frustrated with its relatively short long end (in fairness, only 60mm equivalent, rather than 70mm, which I think makes a big difference).

newellj's gear list:newellj's gear list
Sony RX100 II Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow