Amazon Warranty for Panasomic GX7

Started May 18, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jim Mohundro Contributing Member • Posts: 646
Amazon Warranty for Panasomic GX7

Like what is probably remaining only a handful of others, I've been waiting around for a black GX7 with a US dealer (because the Canadian warranties, as most here know, will not be honored by Panasonic USA), and I see a black $710 Panny GX7 body only on Amazon from one of their "vendors", a firm named DavisMAX.  I've wondered from time to time about the warranties available from Amazon vendors when they are the seller/shippers and not Amazon directly.

The web page for this item notes "Every purchase on Amazon.com is protected by an A to z guarantee."  When you click on the link for the details of the so-called "A to z guarantee", "digital merchandise" is one of the items excluded from coveage under Amazon's warranty.

It pays, I think, to really look very closely at the fine print in online or any other advertisements.  I almost (but stopped nyself after reading that fine print) bit on purchasing the black GX7 at a very decent price and almost, in turn, got bitten.

Jim Mohundro

Jim Mohundro's gear list:Jim Mohundro's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Nikon D750 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +7 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow