Files at AppData\Local\Temp

Started May 18, 2014 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ChuckL22 Junior Member • Posts: 35
Files at AppData\Local\Temp

I hate to admit my lack of knowledge but I would like to ask this knowledgeable group a question about the folders and files at

C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\Temp

The folder “Temp” currently contains 31,031 files, 13,850 folders, and takes up 7.30GB of hard drive space. I have a couple of questions about specific folders in this temp folder.

There are 260 folders in AppData\Local\Temp that have the name “lptmp13419272” except the numbers after “lptmp” are different for each folder. These 260 folders contain 22,477 files and use 1.29GB of hard drive space. I tried Google and the main results discussed lead me to a Wilders Security forum where they mentioned something called LastPass and WSA. I think LastPass is a password manager associated with WebRoot Secure Anywhere, my antivirus program, but I have never used this feature and don’t know why it would be creating all of these temporary folders. My real question is, is it safe to delete these folders from the AppData\Local\Temp folder?

There was another large batch of 195 folders named “scoped_dir6116_21963” where the numbers are different for each folder. These folders contain 2,097 files and use 704MB of hard drive space. I Googled “scoped_dir” and found several entries that suggested that these folders are due to Google Chrome, but I don’t have Chrome on my computer and never have had. Does anyone have a suggestion as to why these folders are on my computer? And, again, is it safe to delete these folders from the \AppData\Local\Temp folder?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chuck

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow