Canon G1X Mrk II Review, Her eye lashes are Sharp!

Started May 17, 2014 | Discussions thread
OP xzactly Junior Member • Posts: 30
Re: Canon G1X Mrk II Review, Her eye lashes are Sharp!

ScratchDisk wrote:

Tx. So, some good stuff but the external flash situation seems crazy.

Hoping they fix it with firmware, it has to be a mistake,,,

re the screen darkening - if you temp max out the iso for framing - then revert again to your chosen iso for the shot, does that at least give you a usable screen (at the expense of convenience)?

I can double check, but I think that worked.

Switching between ISO 100 and auto would be time consuming.

Are your PB triggers the Cybersyncs? Which mark?

Yes, Cybersync's CST, still a current model. A simple trigger, bought a few years ago.

& which cheap triggers exactly - do they usually have 'wake-up' from a Canon DSLR?

No name on the cheapie, came with a strobe kit. Both work fine on 10D, 40D, 7D, 5D-III

Living with both cam & flash(es) in M would be OK - as long as you can get the shot - preferably up to 1/2000th.

I think it might prove useful to have a resource of exactly what works & what doesn't for OCF.

Single (central) pin & rail (only) solutions should work (albeit, with the dark screen nonsense) (ie with the other 4 pins effectively taped) - but I think you are implying that some don't? Or have I misunderstood?

Never taped up pins, the flash triggers did fire. Black screen in Manual mode,

and not setting the sync in Av mode.

Appreciate the insight and help.

TIA, Donald

xzactly's gear list:xzactly's gear list
Canon PowerShot A720 IS Canon PowerShot S120 Canon G1 X II Canon EOS 40D Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow