No more Nx2. Welcome to NXD!

Started Feb 25, 2014 | Discussions thread
mrbr Senior Member • Posts: 2,901
Re: No more Nx2. Welcome to NXD!

Mr Gadget wrote:

mjevans wrote:

mjevans wrote:

Now, just in case you are feeling smug as you don't use CNX and use say Adobe PS or LR. What happens when Adobe decide to stop selling PS (oh, they've already done that) or LR and you're stuck with a ton of PS files or LR separate edits and no software that understands them! Well think about it. Unless you export those edited files as an open source file format (like tiff) you are stuffed.

And if just to reinforce my point Adobe's Creative Cloud broke for over 24 hours.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2014/05/15/creative-cloud-login-offline-for-almost-24-hours-and-counting

Yep, and in case nobody thought about it, by moving everyone to the "Cloud" and a subscription based service, they can raise the monthly cost of the subscription at will when ever they need to enhance revenue. Couple that with their poor customer support/service and buggy, bloated software and you will long for the good old days. And for those that are beating the drum for Nikon to turn their propriety raw format over to Adobe, do you really want to have Adobe in control of this? Really?

Oh, and lets not forget the folks that created this problem in the 1st place, Google... who bought the underlying Nik u-point technology and then refused to continue support Capture NX2 that Nikon had paid Nik to develop for them. Leaving Nikon holding the bag. Where is Google heading with all of this, and how much do you trust them?

Nikon should be given some credit for working with Silky Pix to develop NX-D to support conversion of their NEF files. Fujifilm is in much the same boat with their raw conversion software.

Hopefully Nikon will supply NX-D for free.

IMO if NX-D is free, it is a replacement for View-NX2...  if it has more features compared to ViewNX2 the possibility exists the program will not be free.

If NX-D has no control points .... i dont want to pay for it... i will use PSE wich I already own.

I will have to change my workflow ofcourse .....   i will miss the control point technology of NX2 and will look for replacement solutions ...

Greetings,
Marc

mrbr's gear list:mrbr's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Nikon D5100 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
(unknown member)
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow