Iridient Developer, SPP and Lightroom.

Started May 14, 2014 | Discussions thread
papillon_65
papillon_65 Forum Pro • Posts: 27,030
Re: Iridient Developer, SPP and Lightroom.

Ollie 2 wrote:

I’m a brand new Sigma user - DP-1 as of yesterday.

Obviously I’m aware that Adobe are yet to implement foveon based raw files, we live in hope.

In the meantime I’m interested in developing a successful workflow employing these RAW developers.

Is ID the way to go over SPP? I tried SPP out for the first time and found it a bit buggy. Is there a simple way to transfer files between ID and LR? Is 16 Tiff the only way to go?

What are some of the more experienced users workflows? Spill the beans.

cheers

In my experience nothing beats SPP for getting the best out of the raw files so take some time to learn it, it's better than some would have you believe. Personally I aim to get the exposure, colour and dynamic range correct in SPP then I export individual files as tiffs and import them into Lightroom for more subtle tweaks on colour and contrast etc, usually using Nik plugins. That works for me. The most important setting in SPP is the colour dial, colour shifts can happen and this is the tool to sort them out with so get used to using that and you'll be fine.

-- hide signature --

“The most puzzling development in politics during the last decade is the apparent determination of Western European leaders to re-create the Soviet Union in Western Europe.”
Mikhail Gorbachev
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

papillon_65's gear list:papillon_65's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow