[How to] Setup your A6000 to back button focus w/ continuous focus

Started May 14, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dsiglin
dsiglin Regular Member • Posts: 286
[How to] Setup your A6000 to back button focus w/ continuous focus

Last night I learned about back-button focusing. I followed the directions in this thread but I wanted to have continuous autofocus while holding down the button I designated for MF/AF toggle. In this case it is the AEL button. After trying various settings I finally discovered the magic combination. I hope this will be profitable for others with similar wants.

The only real let down is custom button settings are NOT stored in Memory Recall. That would have allowed great flexibility.

Anyways, my settings:

AEL button: AF On

AEL w/ shutter: Off*

Pre-AF: Off*

AF w/ shutter: Off*

Lock-On AF: Off (though some people might want this )

Focus Area: Wide (because I chose Focus Mode: AF-A. If I were to choose Focus Mode: AF-S I'd probably go with Focus Area: flexible Large/Medium)

Focus Mode: AF-A (the beauty of this setting is the camera will start tracking if the subject moves but if it is a stationary target it will lock focus and allow you to recompose)

* These settings I'm not sure if they have an effect on what I'm trying to do so I just turned them off.

-- hide signature --

No one asked Hemingway what kind of typewriter he used.

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow