Dedicated video DSLR scenario
So... 1080p resolution is roughly a 2mp image, right? Would you buy a DSLR with an APSC (or FF) sensor but which only has a 2mp image capability? Obviously, the pixels would be ENORMOUS (huge plus), but there's no pixel binning or line skipping to worry about, or their inherent weaknesses.
I could be wrong so please correct me if I'm am but, wouldn't this produce dramatically better results? Or is there some physics-based deficiency I'm unaware of?
To me, this would be intriguing with DPAF and at about $600. Especially at SL1 size but add on a little size for the articulating screen.
What about a 4K resolution (8-ish megapixels) DSLR for those who insist 4k is necessary right now?
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4