As people says...

Started May 13, 2014 | Discussions thread
richard stone Senior Member • Posts: 2,860
Re: As people says...

Not long after the DP2M came out, as I recall someone used it for a wedding camera. It worked fine, of course.

The proper phrase here is the expression "conventional wisdom" by which one might mean some accepted level of bland misinformation that seems harmless.

From what I have seen over the years, including from your post, the main limiting factors in the use of the camera are user skill and determination. And imagination.

Photography is somewhat like poetry, in any event: the constraints (of the medium and the process) are part of what make the results interesting and worthwhile.

From a personal perspective, many years ago, while "testing" the low resolution setting of my SD10 in the late evening in an urban setting, I took some pictures with surprisingly excellent color and delicacy. All you have to do is push the button. It's not as if the camera resists.

Richard

-- hide signature --
 richard stone's gear list:richard stone's gear list
Sigma SD10 Sigma sd Quattro Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC HSM Art
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow