As people says...

Started May 13, 2014 | Discussions thread
Dr Xavier
OP Dr Xavier Regular Member • Posts: 149
Re: As people says...

Roland Karlsson wrote:

Dr Xavier wrote:

I do not own any DP2 Merrill. So, I have no experience regarding its focussing speed.

But, you think the DP2M has a good focussing speed, one that can focus on e.g. moving people easily? And that the reviews that say otherwise are wrong?

Reviews are not rock science. We can have some interpretations of what one says or not. But e.g. "If your subject is still and you have enough light the DP2 Merrill can handle it." is a bit of an exaggeration.

When I said "Sports", I didn't mean that a pro photographer should have a DP2M. My experience (5DII etc) is that you have to learn how the AF of the camera works. I don't lose too many photos with DP2M because the AF (same with other cameras). I prefer MF, it is a pity that DP2M has not a "snap focus" like the Ricoh GR.

The following photo is a "point and shoot". Note that I was too fast that I couldn't set the correct exposure (to me F2.8, 1/2500 is not the correct choice here).

And by the way: Thanks a lot for the x3f tool! I use it a lot to extract the jpegs.

Cycling in front of the Glyptothek.

Dr Xavier's gear list:Dr Xavier's gear list
Sigma dp2 Quattro
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow