I need some eBay thoughts on a 7D I sold.

Started May 12, 2014 | Discussions thread
Phil
OP Phil Veteran Member • Posts: 3,138
Re: I need some eBay thoughts on a 7D I sold.

TTMartin wrote:

Phil wrote:

TTMartin wrote:

Phil wrote:

Suave wrote:

I agree with those who say it's a renter. I would report her to e-bay for abuse of return policies.

-- hide signature --

Where's my new 50, Canon?

I ran down her digital foot print on line and discovered when she says she knows Canon cameras very well, she means she is a EOS Rebel T3i owner.

Comparing the reviews on dpreview for the T3i and the 7D I find the T3i (a newer model) has flash configuration control menus that work with her 430EX II plus it looks like the T3i can even function as a remote trigger for her flash.

So the hypothetical problem is the 7D is a 7D, not that I miss represented it as being fully functional.

The 7D can function as a remote trigger. And at least with firmware 2 can control the flash through the camera menus. There isn't a functional difference between the T3i and the 7D as far as the 430EX II is concerned.

Interesting, I wonder what firmware it in there. I've never owned a 430EX II or it's big brother the 580EX 1/11. As soon as the noise issue with Pocket Wizard surfaced I dug in with 4 550EX units, no noise issues.

The 3Ti shows the Easy Wireless and Custom Wireless options - From dpreview full review.

The 7D (from the time frame of the review does not). - from dpreview full review.

Now I wish I'd logged the firmware level. Well I did tell her 3 times if she would join this group we'd figure out what is going on.

Does anyone know if the EXIF carries any firmware data?

I'm not sure what easy flash control is on the T3i, but, the 7D menus above do show Wireless func. - Disable - Ext:Int - Ext only - Ext + Int. Additionally both show External flash function and C.Fn setting.

Just organized differently by functionally the same, interesting.

-- hide signature --

Phil Agur
“Imagination is more important than knowledge..." -- Albert Einstein

Phil's gear list:Phil's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow