My Thread Was Only About The Nikon D800E
The Auto Product tag for Nikon 1 V1 was added to my post about the Nikon D800E. Post follows:
successfully did the FW v1.10 update on the D800E. But of course, I now have a Q:
Disclaimer: I have already read all the available info re: the new FW that Nikon put out both on the UK and USA sites.
Going to a rugby match quite soon.
l'll be shooting with AF-ON selected in the Custom Menu, Shutter CL, and AF-C Dynamic 21 point plus single focus point.
Can a photographer who comprehends Nikon-speak better than I please tell me:
1) How do I utilize the AF-ON button to maintain focus on these fast moving rugby players? Do I just simply press and hold the AF-ON button while firing the shutter in CL as I track my subject?
2) Is it just as effective to use the shutter button to acquire focus first (given my set-up described above except that I would change the Custom Menu first to Shutter Button focus) and then press further in CL to capture the rugby player?
Thanks for providing any clarification out there..........the Nikon info provided makes me feel that my reading skills are somewhere south of second grade.
I'd rather be lucky than good
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Kingfisher by cjf2|
from An A to Z of Subjects- Week 11, K
|Bull Rider Being Launched by RBFresno|
from FX bodies and very high ISO