try-out with 24 MP A6000? is higher MP better than 16MP Fuji?

Started May 13, 2014 | Discussions thread
viking79
viking79 Forum Pro • Posts: 14,137
SEL1670z and SEL2470z make nice AA filters

jennyrae wrote:

I get loaned with A6000 and 16-70/f4 lens. since I read discussion on MP count resolution, I think this is good time to share my thoughts and experience with A6000 so far.

let me say that I have to applaud Sony for this camera especially for it's AF tracking. they really did remarkable job. this makes motion and video photography good. very fast, accurate and responsive.

however, after comparing it with my X-T1, I find it underwhelming as far as viewfinder and picture quality is concerned.

Both the new ZEISS 24-70mm f/4 and 16-70mm f/4 for E mount cameras seemed to have been designed as AA filters.   Both are not very sharp and should maybe cost half their current price.  I rented the 24-70mm f/4 for my A7R and wouldn't recommend that lens.  It does a good job of suppressing moire though, only place I really noticed moire was around 25 to 35mm in the center.  It would be good for the A7S camera with its 12 MP full frame sensor though.

Eric

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R Samsung NX1 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow