I need some eBay thoughts on a 7D I sold.

Started May 12, 2014 | Discussions thread
SystemAgnostic Contributing Member • Posts: 556
Re: I need some eBay thoughts on a 7D I sold.

The buyer may be using the shutter, dirt, and supposed functionality problems as an excuse. She may have wanted to rent the camera, or just as likely simply had buyers remorse. Regardless, I think you have no option but to refund her the money and take the camera back. Paypal and Ebay will almost always side with the buyer. I also think it isn't worth stressing or arguing about, this is the kind of thing in life which just happens, you are out $80 or whatever, and you just move on. You can also relax knowing you took the high ground, and by doing so in general you will come out ahead in your transactions.

You did the right thing by taking photos of the product, but I would also take a screen shot of the shutter count when you get the camera back and that cannot be disputed. I used to be paranoid and take a video of me packing and weighing the package so they couldn't (as easily) dispute that I didn't ship what I claimed to.

SystemAgnostic's gear list:SystemAgnostic's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Panasonic LX100 Canon EOS 70D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC APO OS HSM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow