No more Nx2. Welcome to NXD!

Started Feb 25, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD Forum Pro • Posts: 22,419
read

kantucky wrote:

brucet wrote:

Mako2011 I think it's a case of folks reacting before reading the actual release notes. Nikon has NEVER stated that NX-D is a replacement. Unfortunately Nikon used the title 'Capture' and many folks jumped to the conclusion that it was a replacement for their old program. I see it as more a replacement for View.

Now I've been using NX-D for a few weeks now. Yes it's a 'simple' program. But it's giving me excellent results. Good enough for me to dump ASP in favour of NX-D. Anything NX-D can't do I can do with PSP later.

regards

Well, it says here, once the final version is released Nikon will no longer provide updates for NX2 http://www.dpreview.com/news/2014/02/25/nikon-releases-beta-version-of-next-generation-capture-nx-software

That is true....but, Read it as "this is when CNX2 will no longer be supported" and "we are bringing a new program out, NX-D". Nikon is not known for being clear. Note that NX-D will be free and CNX2 never was.

It's just bizarre. I can do so much more with NX2 and so can everyone else

I use CNX2 also but not as often as I use ViewNX2 combined with Photoshop CC, for more frequently. With that in mind...The only thing CNX2 gives me is U-point and true 16-bit RAW conversion. I'm really looking forward to replacing ViewNX2 with NX-2 and hope they go the next step and bring us something that can really replace losing CaptureNX2.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Mako2011 MOD
(unknown member)
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow