Danube River Cruise Suggestions

Started May 12, 2014 | Discussions thread
alcelc
alcelc Veteran Member • Posts: 7,280
Re: Two cameras and two lenses. That's all.

minniev wrote:

My advice on this is to leave the tripod at home and use that luggage weight for something you may really use like an extra pair of sturdy hiking shoes. My tripod never left its case. Likewise the long zoom. I used the 40-150 a bit for boat-to-shore photos. The smallest/lightest-weight solution would be my choice for my own needs since you lug it over great walking distances for hours at a time through shoulder to shoulder crowds. On these walking tours, I kept the camera on a sling strap and just wore it, there just wasn't time to take it in and out of a bag. I was thankful I was an m43 user. A couple of folks wagging big canikons were really miserable.

If here is talking about the rapid sling straps system like those from BlackRapid, then, we must pay extra attention and when not in use, try to have our hand at least touch the lens all the time. It is very well known, particularly for heavy gears like FF DSLRs with heavy F2.8 like lenses attached, be vulnerable for thieving. Pocket picker could easily detach and take away the lens especially among crowded environment. A normal strap having camera hanging in the front of our chest would be more safe than leaving it hanging at the side of our body having the heavy lens facing downward.

alcelc's gear list:alcelc's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow