Powering Canon DSLR with Power Pack & Dummy Battery
I've tried Googling the answer but can't get a definitive answer, is it possible to power a Canon HDSLR (I would like to know specifically 5DmkIII) with a portable Power Pack with USB ports & Dummy Battery? The Power Pack in question is this: Anker 2nd Gen Astro3 12000mAh (4A Output)
As far as I understand the port gives out 5V and max 4A, would that be enough/right amount to power a DSLR with the right cable and a dummy battery like these?:
I already have that Anker power pack so I'd like to know if I could make things run with that if possible. The product page says that it has 'smart ports' and says this:
- Smart charging ports, powered by PowerIQ technology, intelligently identify each connected device and speak its language - guaranteeing the fastest charge time for EVERY device (Max speed of 4 Amps among 3 ports).
What do you guys think?
The reason I'm looking into this is that I saw this and made me think of my Anker Power Pack: Increase Your DSLR Camera Battery Life To 9 Hours!
I'm not that good with watts, volts and amps so all help would be welcome!
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|May 12, 2014|
|May 12, 2014||1|
|May 12, 2014|
|May 13, 2014||1|
|May 13, 2014|
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!