Very happy with Nikon 85 PC-E for food
I would like to recommend this lens for everyone looking for best food / product photography lens. My food lenses history: Nikon 50 1.8D, Nikon 50 1.8G, 60 2.8 micro, 105 2.8 VR, Zeiss 100 f2 and sometimes Nikon 85 1.8.
All these were good lenses, but not what I wanted. Shortly, some ideas why I love it.
1) Sharpness - it is better than all these lenses I had.
2) Perspective control - this is where it rocks. I never could get very sharp foreground at f8 and blur background to my liking. Now I can. I never could photograph pizza all in focus - now I can. I never could blur image diagonally, now I can. Now I can make all subject in focus when I need it with best quality of f8-13.
3) It's not that hard to use this lens, as there are some posts on the net. It's really simple.
4) It's good focal length and together with 70-200 f4 is all I need most the time.
So if you are looking for similar purpose lens, think about it. Yes, it's not very cheap, but worth. Hope to help someone to decide. If I had tried this lens before, I could save time and money
Here are some latest samples. One bite snacks...
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%