XA1 arriving soon..............

Started May 11, 2014 | Discussions thread
AdamT
AdamT Forum Pro • Posts: 58,597
Re: XA1 arriving soon..............

I had The EOS-M for 6 months and sold it The M 18-55 is as good as the Fuji 18-55 F2.8-4 at the same apertures (F3.5-5.6) , it`s the best slow kit lens by a mile beating the new canon DSLR kit STM as well as all the M43 , NEX and NX zooms bar the near £1000 fast ones ! ...... the 22mm F2.0 prime for the EOS-M is as good as they get also and both M lenses are cheap despite being very well made .........

the problem is the EOS-M body which although is better made than most has awful handling, slow AF, a large focus point which can`t be resized and the sensor is very noisy in the shadows at base ISO (worse than the G1X or 550D), sharp sensor with weak AA filter but horribly dated in the noise department. ....I`d love the EOS-M lenses on a Fuji XA1 and wish they`d use non X-Trans sensors as an option in the whole range .. .

However you may want to sell the Fuji 16-50 kit and get the 18-55 F2.8-4 for best performance.

-- hide signature --

** Please ignore the Typos, I'm the world's worst Typist **

AdamT's gear list:AdamT's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow