Fog Maker wrote:

Ultradan wrote:

Fog Maker wrote:

Ultradan wrote:

Fog Maker wrote:

Ultradan wrote:

Fog Maker wrote:

Ultradan wrote:

Is it fair to say the 6D is the 5d2 mark 2 ??

Thanks.

-- hide signature --

No

perhaps you could elaborate on why not, weaknesses of the 6D etc ?

-- hide signature --

You asked if its fair to say that the 6d can be considered a 5D mk II mk II, to which my reply is no.

But besides that, no again. They are different class of cameras.

Well, just for a refreshing change, why don't you take your head right out of your own ash -hole and give some constructive reasoning for your glib answer you world class pleb.

Thanks

-- hide signature --

Watch your mouth. Immature language like that can get you banned.

I even took time to reply to your thread and still you don't get it

Buy the 6D for what it is, not for what it is not.

When you fully understand the sentence above, you will be a much happier individual.

Watch my mouth? I asked a question to which I wanted a constructive response and got from others thankfully, luckily there are people on here that don't feel the need to respond like a spoilt little brat - you my learned chum are not one of them.

Go away and get a life.

-- hide signature --

No, you didn't get constructive answers, you wanted someone to talk you into buying he 6D, pat you on the head and tell you that it is at least as good as 6 year old higher end body. That is what you wanted to hear, otherwise you would have just skipped that silly 5Dmk II mkII talk... Especially since you already knew the differences or could just have googled it very quickly.

No, what i wanted to assertain is wether those that have moved from the 5D2 to the 6D have found it a similar experience, knowing full well already that the tech in the 6D should, in theory, be better than the 5D2 and seeing if from a finished photo point of view the 6D produces the same shots with the same ease that the 5D2 does/did.

Some of the best shots I have ever seen have been taken on the 5D2, a huge amount of people still shoot on it, it has a certain "look" to the photo's it takes and what I'm trying to work out is visually does the 6d deliver the same.

I use cameras that I think will perform in the situations I put myself in, obviously when I'm swimming around shooting in the water in an ever changing dynamic environment I'm not going to reach for a 6D or a 5D2 - I'm going to reach for the body that gets the job done - that will always be a 1 series camera, but for lesser critical situations I'm sure a 5D2/6D will do, a 5D3 would be the camera of choice but it is twice as expensive as a 6D here in the UK and from an image quality view I would have thought they are practically identical?

I couldn't live with lesser sync- or shutter speed, old AF system (the main reason I upgraded from mk II), less rugged body and inferior video quality. Can you?

Those are the questions you should ask yourself before you start to talk about a mini 5D, center point sensitivity (I can't even remember missing a shot with my old 5DIIs when using center point, if not messing up with recompose, which used to happen at least occasionally) and what not...

The 5D series is a different class of cameras.

Get it?

I saw that you use a 1D3 and that you do quite a few action shots in bright sunlight.

So tell me know,

why are you even considering a body that won't keep up with what you shoot and display in your gallery?

For landscape shots and shots where I don't need the AF of my 1D and where image quality is more important.

The 5D III, is not a very fast camera, but it is MUCH better than the 6D for anything that moves.

With the 6D you will be stuck with what is basically the same AF system as the old 5DII (worse than you already have), so don't let anyone fool you into thinking otherwise.

-- hide signature --

Fair enough.

Fog Maker's gear list:Fog Maker's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow