Canada: A6000 $550 18-105 $550

Started May 9, 2014 | Discussions thread
OP 123Mike Veteran Member • Posts: 4,643
Re: Canada: A6000 $550 18-105 $550

Ynos wrote:

123Mike wrote:

"Ding dong..." what the... who's at the door?

Purolator... whaaa? That can't be. I ordered yesterday late afternoon...? Yessurree, it's here.

Threw on the lens.... holy crap that's good! The darn thing is razor sharp wide open at all focal lengths! You can power zoom at different speeds. You can turn the ring for simulated electronic driven zoom action. Focus speed is fast. It's *light* for its size! It's not all *that* big. This is an awesome lens from the looks of it! Might I say, underrated, because although it comes up here and there, it's *good*. I think a lot of people would *love* this lens!

Mike can you post a full size pic at 105mm f4 please (i mean original JPEG OOC no PP please)? Anything in frame so that we can judge corners as well (buildings, foliage etc.) I know 16-70 has issues with AF nailing focus at 70mm f4, so I was just curious about 18-105. Thank you.

I can't wait to share results. There are a bunch of photos I've been meaning to share for a long time now. The problem is that the DRP upload feature has been broken for like 6+ months now. It works for most people, but not for certain Linux boxes. I used Linux exclusively. The guys that updated the Flash code I think introduced a slight incompatibility. It's really too bad that they don't want to look at it.

I supposed I could use another online photo service, but I want the photos to appear inside the message. Would Picasa work? I've been holding off on horsing around with other imaging hosting solutions, thinking that any day now, DRP will fix their stupid upload feature. Well, that won't happen obviously.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow