X-S1 in Bryce Canyon (8 img)

Started May 9, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
John.Laninga
John.Laninga Senior Member • Posts: 2,358
X-S1 in Bryce Canyon (8 img)

Follow up to my Zion posts... this time I took the XS1 and used JPEG + RAW on all images. I used -1/3 EC, Velvia, and tried to keep the lens between f6.4 and f8.0. All images were taken through a CPL filter to darken the sky.  I uploaded all images into Capture One, determined all RAW images had more accurate colors than the JPEG images, did some minor PP (mostly highlight control) and exported them with 2048 px long side.

Received some excellent comments on my Zion post, and hope these show I learned something. Your C&C (and examples) are much appreciated.  I hope to have my complete Flickr loaded later today, but internet speeds slow WAY down during the day here...

BTW, hiking down into the Canyon and then back up makes me glad not to carry my old FF DSLR with lenses equivalent to the XS1!

John.Laninga's gear list:John.Laninga's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X30 Pentax K-3 II Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR +3 more
Fujifilm X-S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow