qianp2k wrote:

Great Bustard wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

Great Bustard wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

Great Bustard wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

Great Bustard wrote:

Peter, you have reached the point where you are either being intentionally deceptive or are cognitively incapacitated in the extreme. I have repeatedly said to compare at the same aperture, yet you repeatedly are comparing at different apertures.

Are you talking to yourself and you keep changing topic.

That is a lie. By "lie", I mean intentional misrepresentation. I've stuck to the same topic throughout. Very disappointing, Peter.

You are getting angry...

In fact, I am being entertained.

It shows when you are losing debate, you are getting emotions and angry as you are keep doing that, not good for your reputation of a self-claimed "expert".

...you have lowered yourself by intentionally misrepresenting what I said and actively distorting facts. All for the purpose of a silly web argument to fight me when I said:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53633755

Just approve you're unwisely dragged in two 24-70mm zoom as a comparison. These two groups of lenses are not comparable, period.

And yet, people do not speak ill of the 85 / 1.2L (II) because of its size and weight. I mean, yes, I'm sure we'd all like a Sigma 50 / 1.4A the same size and weight as a Canon 50 / 1.8, just as we'd all like an 85 / 1.2L the same size and weight as an 85 /1.8.

Unlike you I didn't comment on 85L as I am not familiar in that lens. You have no idea of 24-70L II and you still trying comment on and trying to downplay it.

As you may or may not know, it is my opinion that most would be better served with a Canon 24 / 2.8 IS, Canon 35 / 2 IS, Canon 50 / 1.8 IS, and Canon 85 / 1.8 IS than they would be served with a Sigma 24 / 1.4A, Sigma 35 / 1.4A, Sigma 50 / 1.4A, and Sigma 85 / 1.4A because the IQ of the Canon's is (will likely be) "good enough", and the size, weight, and IS matter more than the extra stop (on average).

Stop right here. Among all these lenses, only 35/2.0 IS and Sigma 35/1.4 A are real, all are just your vaporware lenses. Unlike you I cannot comment on lenses that don't exist.

But 35/2.0 IS optical quality is as good as Sigma 35/1.4 A, each has its own strength.

But would you condemn the 24-70 / 2.8L II because it is larger and heavier than the 24-70 / 4L IS, as well as lacking IS and not being able to focus as close?

Yes but absolute worth it as you can achieve absolute better IQ, unlike between 35/2.0 IS and Sigma 35/1.4 A. You just comparing on two groups of lenses that are not at the same leagues and therefore not comparable.

But it is not for me to dictate how you choose to "entertain" yourself. It is only for me to choose to play along or walk away.

Let's return to our core arguments. I picked up Canon 35/2.0 IS without sacrificing IQ but would if I picked up 24-70L/4.0 IS. Why so hard you can understand?

The size and weight differential between the 35 / 1.4A and 35 / 2 IS are very much akin to the size and weight differential between the 24-70 / 2.8L II and 24-70 / 4L IS. The 35 / 1.4A, like the 24-70 / 2.8L II, lacks IS. The 35 / 1.4A, like the 24-70 / 2.8L II, costs more. The 35 / 1.4A, like the 24-70 / 2.8L II, has a greater minimum focus distance.

That's quite a few similarities, no?

Now, in terms of IQ, we have:

35 / 1.4A vs 35 / 2 IS at f/2:

Compare and contrast with the zooms at f/4:

Very similar, although the 24-70 / 4L IS is hurting at 50mm, for sure. The charts I am missing, that I asked you to provide, is all sets of lenses at their best aperture. I'm sure we will, once again, see the striking similarities.

So, as I've said from the start:

Comparing the Sigma 35 / 1.4A to the Canon 35 / 2 IS was exactly analogous to comparing the Canon 24-70 / 2.8L II to the Canon 24-70 / 4L IS.

And for that obvious statement, which the evidence clearly supports, you not only go into "full entertainment mode" with self-harming posts, but also lower yourself with intentional misrepresentation.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD Mako2011
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow