Thom likes the V3 now....

Started May 5, 2014 | Discussions thread
Kevin Omura
Kevin Omura Senior Member • Posts: 2,262
Re: it makes sense

dmaclau wrote:

I get that Jon. I bought my first 35mm camera in 1960. I've captured, and lost my share of moments in time. One learns to use their tools in all sorts of conditions. As a would be photographer I spend a good deal of time thinking about situations, happenings, composition. The shots I miss are mostly due to my inadequacies, not the camera's.

Frankly, when Fuji updated the firmware on my X-100 the N1's use plummeted. I like the texture of shots at 1600 and at 3200. When processed the image reminds me of TriX film a great deal. My grand daughter also uses the camera...along with the remote control she makes "Emma-motion" film clips.

It's a good camera. I like it. I just don't think I would pay $600 for faster focus.

And that is the problem isn't it, not really that it's a bad camera just that the initial MSRP is the sticking point. It also doesn't help their cause when both of the previous V cameras were blown out a year later for less than half their original selling price.

So perhaps it's just worth waiting to see what happens to the price in a years time....

Kevin Omura's gear list:Kevin Omura's gear list
Canon EOS D60 Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot G2 Canon PowerShot G6 +64 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow