Remote trigger using PW MiniTT1 master FlexTT5 on 5DMKII

Started May 5, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Flat view
Phil Veteran Member • Posts: 3,066
Remote trigger using PW MiniTT1 master FlexTT5 on 5DMKII

I tried this a few years ago when I was still shooting flash at night and got a 1/4 sec+ delay on the second camera. At the time that made a finish line shot useless, since the winning was long gone.

Saturday night after the races a client came over and said he had an idea for a premium shot. He thought a remote camera on the infield side of the track would be a good idea.

This was driven by the fact he owned the first and second place horses in a race but the winner on the outside blocked the place horse on the inside from also being in my shot. An in field shot would have shown both but blocked a lot of the winning horse. So it's not a clear that a second image would boost sales.

The season is a wrap this week. I was going to say I have one night to test, but i could do a day shoots flanking traffic at an intersection to see if I can get to no delay.

Any one worked through the same issue?

-- hide signature --

Phil Agur
“Imagination is more important than knowledge..." -- Albert Einstein

Phil's gear list:Phil's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +4 more
Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow