Canon 7D is 4 years and 8 months old this is not good for Canon

Started Apr 30, 2014 | Discussions thread
Jerry-astro
Jerry-astro Forum Pro • Posts: 10,159
Re: Not a reasonable comparison

Suave wrote:

I disagree. Technology development was just as fast, it's just that the imager was not the part of the camera, and the quick camera turnaround of the last decade was driven by this exact event - incorporation of immature imager into the body. That turnaround was bound to slow down and eventually reach historical rates, which where we are right now, and I welsome this development.

Now, for all the moaning about need for new 7D the original is not obsolete. It can be improved but it has more to do with what we've come to expect from modern camera (and Dx0 drivel), than with its real capabilities.

OK, we'll have to agree to disagree on the issue of how fast technology is being updated and replaced now vs. the film days. I would also not use the word "obsolete" to describe the 7D, however, the sensor is falling behind competition (Sony, Fuji, Nikon...) and other systems, like the AF, could certainly benefit from an update.  The level of frustration echoed here at times over the long update cycle can definitely be over the top, but this is, after all, a gear oriented forum.

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12 Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
T3
T3
T3
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow