+++++ Your and your love affair with your m43 - results this week! +++++

Started May 3, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
jalywol
jalywol Veteran Member • Posts: 7,461
Re: In town and in the wild.

IWormsmeat wrote:

#2 is a fantastic shot - I particularly like the reflected sky / shape in the window emphasising the figure. Maybe try another shot emphasising the Push Hard sign from a different angle?

#3 is a good 'un too.

Thanks!  I really like that store front...something about the curved glass on the end panel..  Every time I go by it, I keep thinking that if anything happened to that particular pane of glass, it would be prohibitively expensive to replace...and I keep my fingers crossed that nothing happens to it.

I think I would need a wider lens to get the whole storefront and the door in the same photo.  There's not a lot of room to work with in front of the store before I would end up bumping into the parked cars on the curb or out in the (busy) street.  If I ever get a fisheye, this might be a place to experiment with it, too (combo of that curved window and the fisheye effect...hmmm   ).

I have been trying to shoot #3 for a couple of years now, and this is the first time that I have gotten an image that I really like from it.  It has a lot of interesting things going on. Doesn't hurt that the 12-40mm lens has very good corner sharpness either....it's one of the reasons I think I was able to capture it well this time.

-J

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCV
yyr
NCV
yyr
NCV
yyr
NCV
NCV
yyr
yyr
NCV
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
NCV
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow