Canon 6D with 24-105 or Nikon D610 with 24-85?

Started May 2, 2014 | Discussions thread
Timbukto Veteran Member • Posts: 4,988
The A77II discussion on GPS is revealing...

It seems to reveal that there are many gearheads that are complete narcissists when there is a huge component of photography they are missing...that you are not always taking photographs for yourself...but sometimes for your children and your children's children.

I only lived in the same house for a good majority of time as a child when I hit the 3rd grade.  Before that it was a massive blur...I must have swapped houses and schools at least 5 times.  Does anyone expect a 1st grader to remember every recollection down to a exact locations between at least 5 moves?  I do have a good solid memory of *images* however of so many years past...but had any of these images been coupled with geo-tagging...it would be utterly more revealing and I could use google maps to great success to just learn more about my early youth.  So I can say I still remember *images* dating as far back as what my 6 year old daughter is currently going through...but I surely will not be able to mentally geo-tag it.

Every narcissistic a-hole on DPReview however is convinced that the point of geo-tagging is apparently only to remember what you were doing 30 minutes ago.

Timbukto's gear list:Timbukto's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow