Sony a6000 Build Quality

Started Apr 29, 2014 | Discussions thread
captura Forum Pro • Posts: 25,803
Re: Hello Sony!

1prime wrote:

captura wrote:

Me too. Do you think that Sony is listening?

Yes, I do believe they are listening. They have even said so in interviews.

SONY, GREAT JOB WITH THE A6000 AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE. STAY ON TRACK. DELIVER A KILLER NEX-7 REPLACEMENT BY FALL THIS YEAR. IT WON'T EAT INTO YOUR FULL FRAME BUSINESS ONE BIT. IT WILL INCREASE YOUR IMPROVING CREDIBILITY AND MARKET SHARE INSTEAD.

I've wondered about that. Here goes.

SONY, I AM SURE YOU HAVE SEVERAL PARALLEL PROJECTS UNDERWAY, AND MAYBE YOU HAVEN'T DECIDED WHICH ONES WILL ACTUALLY SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY.

WE SONY APS-C ENTHUSIASTS HAVE LONG BELIEVED THAT YOUR NEX-7 MODEL WITH IT'S HANSOME METALLIC BODY AND LATEST HIGH-TECH GAGETRY WAS THE BEST OF THE BEST IN THAT APS-C CLASS. PLEASE GIVE THE SIMILAR BUT IMPROVED REPLACEMENT MODEL, WHICH SURELY HAS BEEN ONE OF YOUR DEVELOPMENT ALTERNATIVES, THE PATHWAY TO THE TOP.

Captura, Your post here makes me think of my visit to our best photography store here yesterday. I thought I'd ask to hold Sony's A7R or at least the A7. Their salesperson tried to get me to hold Nikons, Canons, Olys, and Fujis, but I held out for my intentions. That was impossible because they only had one Sony, a A77, but lots of competitors. When I realized that, I also knew that Sony must get its best selling mirrorless cameras on retail shelves. That salesman told me about his intentions to buy a 4/3 Fuji to lessen his camera weight. I didn't have the nerve to ask if he considered a Sony APS-C camera. He probably would go for a competitively priced A7K with a metallic body and quality EVF if it existed.

-- hide signature --

1prime

Don,

The salesman, if you quoted him correctly, was ill-informed because nobody except Olympus has ever built 4/3 cameras. Maybe there is a still-better camera store in your area. They were using bait-and-switch tactics on you, which is a bit dishonest, imho. An old car-dealer's trick.

The better stores will carry all of the better MILC cameras, and not just the canikon humpty-dumty look-alike models. But camera salespeople are often not enthusiasts, anyway. So they just push whatever will get them a sale, or whatever they are comfortable in selling.

Steve

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Sony a7 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow