Nikon D800 to FujiFilm X-T1 - Worth it?

Started May 1, 2014 | Discussions thread
DigitalJay Senior Member • Posts: 1,459
Re: Nikon D800 to FujiFilm X-T1 - Worth it?

I have a D800. On Tuesday, that will change to I had a D800. I also have bodies ranging from an IR-converted D200, a D300 and a D700. A more than reasonable assortment (collection is too kind a word) of Nikon film bodies and a good assortment of MF, AF DX and FX G Nikon glass.

The D800 is simply more camera than I need. It is a wonderful image-maker and I did apologize to it as I packed it up the other night. But it is just too much. I have never outshot any camera I have ever owned. I absolutely love my D700 and don't see myself ever parting with it. The person getting the D800 is getting a great deal on a sweet camera; he will shoot the living daylights out of it and run it like the thoroughbred it is.

That said, I fell in love with the X-T1 the first time it was placed in my hands. My back isn't what it used to be. Hell nothing is what it used to be!!!! I will carry the little Fuji daily; something I could never say for any of my Nikons.

As far as a case of GAS is concerned, I don't think so. If it was, I would have been all over the Canon 1DX that a friend has. When you let loose a burst from that bad boy, it's amazing! More amazing is the ergonomics seemed right. A true miracle in it's own right!!

With the help of an adapter, I will continue to use my Nikon glass along with that from Fuji.

DigitalJay's gear list:DigitalJay's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow