Canon 7D is 4 years and 8 months old this is not good for Canon

Started Apr 30, 2014 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 5,590
Re: Canon 7D is 4 years and 8 months old this is not good for Canon

rickyred wrote:

Canon sells products to the consumer. That market is highly compete. Look at the cell phone market. Its all about marketing. If you don't have the latest and greatest, consumers will buy from some one else. There are enough consumers out there that will buy a 7D2 to make a profit. I think its very odd that a major player in the camera arena has been quiet for so long. The 70D has been about the only real new tec from Canon in a very long time. Nikon also has been slow to get out new products. P.S I am very happy with my 7D and a joy to use. There are a lot of consumers out there looking to buy a new camera. What does canon offer? what does sony offer?

The point is that there are now less consumers out there looking to buy a new camera than there once were, even as recently as last year.

As you know there are various reasons for this - the economy; a slowing down of camera technology; photography not being considered cool by the younger generation; the demographics of camera buyers ageing; etc., etc.

Because we are passionate about our interest and are desperate to spend cash on new photographic products doesn't mean everyone else is.  Canon and others realise that.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow