Fuji XT-1 and Lee Big Stopper

Started Apr 28, 2014 | Discussions thread
Albert Valentino Veteran Member • Posts: 6,492
Re: Thks Mr Carter, Al and Others...

M Carter wrote:

I'm trying to decide it I should spend the money and pick up a Lee Polarizer for the Seven5. I have other polarizer but when combined with the lee filters they may be a pain to use. I have not tried this combination, I will probably work but depending on the lens it might vignette. If you have any comments they will be appreciated.

MC

It will be a slight pain to use and the decision to invest in the Lee Polarizer is basically about how often you will combine Grad filters with a polarizer. If it is often then go for it. If it is relatively rare then hold off for now - that is my current plan. I need the regular screw-on polarizers since that if often all I need to shoot waterfalls on a cloudy day in soft light to remove glare and slow shutter to 1/10 or so. Plus in the fall a CPL is often ideal to shot fall foliage and help saturate colors by removing reflections from curved or wet leaves.

I would try the combo and decide for yourself. There might be a limit before vignetting sets in and one needs to determine what that FL limit is. I would test myself but I ordered the 62mm adapter for my biggest lens (which I expect would not have a vignette issue due to the narrow FOV), but the 58-62mm step-up ring for my 58mm 18-55 and 14mm is backordered. Hopefully can test in a week or so.

A screw-on filter with the seven5 will likely be clumsy but doable solution for occasional use for the combo. If I knew I would have opportunity to use it a lot, and if was more affordable, then I would just it.

-- hide signature --

Fuji Silver XE1 w/14, 35, 18-55, 55-200, Rokinon 8mm Fisheye & Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro

Albert Valentino's gear list:Albert Valentino's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Jil
Jil
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow