Sony a6000 Build Quality

Started Apr 29, 2014 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 6,192
Re: Sony a6000 Build Quality

I said not necessarily an upgrade that does not mean it is not. In the light of the A57 to A58 and Nex 3 to A3000 it just should not be automatically assumed. Time will tell.

Dropping the level guide is one pretty obvious downgrade.

Euell wrote:

Greynerd wrote:

The transition from the Nex 6 to the A6000 is not necessarily an upgrade as the A6000 is a far cheaper camera than the Nex 6 at start pricing. The A6000 probably has a lot of firmware bugs sorted out and operational improvements but it is a lower cost model so do not be fooled by the 6 designation in terms of construction quality. Sony did this in A mount naming the entry level as the A58 which was really the A37 in many respects.

woodsjo3 wrote:

I'm no where close to claiming I'm a photographer. But I'm addicted to photography. I've tansitioned from my first camera the nex-3 to a nex-5 to a nex-5r to a nex 6 and finally to an a6000. Every time I've upgraded I've been happy with the build quality. But the a6000 feels like a toy in comparison to the nex 6. It feels almost bloated... just my thoughts, definitely not a deal breaker. I'm sure a real photographer would prefer a lighter body that the the plastic offers. I just thought it would feel morr durable.

Disagree completely. I own both and the use of metal top and bottom plates is an upgrade in build.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow