Stick with Nikon or Go for the 5DIII ?

Started Apr 25, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
TQGroup Senior Member • Posts: 1,206
Re: The Successful Switch

MiraShootsNikon wrote:

This is such an odd reply.

If I knew that I would save lots of post processing time and/or frustration and/or expense by simply switching to a system that gave me a more useful starting place for post work or finishing, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Oh, wait: I did.

"Insanely Expensive?" Not if you actually sell your Nikon gear (gasp) to buy the Canon gear. I actually made some money in the transition.

Here's some advice the OP can actually use: rather than suffering a bunch of random people using your question as an occasion to call you ignorant and masturbate with their "extensive" photographic knowledge, why not just go to or , rent a 5DIII and a lens for a few days, and see for yourself. It'll cost you less than $75, and afterward you'll know exactly what works for you.

Great advice! Roger needs all the rentals he can get to invest in that new "optical bench" we are waiting on...

TQGroup's gear list:TQGroup's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +27 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow