Fuji XT-1 and Lee Big Stopper

Started Apr 28, 2014 | Discussions thread
Albert Valentino Veteran Member • Posts: 6,795
Re: Just ordered the Starter Kit

flbrit wrote:

Thanks for the info Al.

My Hitech are older, like yours. Did not know about the newer ones. Something to keep in mind when I'm next in the market.

Brian

I found the article I was referring to. Have a look, including the comments from users at the bottom over the years. I think it is not that they are poor, it is that there has been some inconsistency.

http://www.oopoomoo.com/2013/12/real-life-review-are-hitech-filters-any-good/

I think it best to read some of the recent reviews on site like BH Photo to see if the recent purchases have or do not have color casts. I know the denser the filter the most likely there will be a cast and the Lee 10-stop big stopper, which is made of glass, also has a blue cast. For ND filters a cast is easily removed in post with raw. But with a grad it takes a little more work to selectively remove.

My first grads where the old Cokins from almost 10 years ago, now that had a ugly cast.

Albert Valentino's gear list:Albert Valentino's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Jil
Jil
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow