Trigger the Sony HVL-F60M off camera Flash from the 7r camera remotely

Started Apr 26, 2014 | Discussions thread
tex Veteran Member • Posts: 7,418
Re: Yes, I'm in manual.....

Only the Odin RX's are able to use TTL. The Strato and Strao II RX's are not TTL.

Yes, I know.  I have 2 Odin receivers, and 2 Stratos II's.  The Odins do my TTL.  But i can'y get the Stratos' to work at all with the Odin transmitter in manual mode

They list the Strato TX as TTL, but I believe that is due to the pass through TTL hot shoe on the top of the TX.

One great thing about the Odin's is the flash can be in a bounce position and still work in HSS. The flash only needs to be in TTL mode in order for HSS to work. The HSS indicator does not need to be on.

ummmm...?  That last sentence...

Also, the older Sony and Minolta flashes only dropped the output down to 1/32 power while the newer 43/58/60 flashes drop down to 1/128th. With the Odins, you can manually control the older flashes all the way down to 1/128th power.

Oh, cool!  Although I don't have any...

-- hide signature --

tex_andrews, co-founder and webmaster of The LightZone Project, an all-volunteer group providing the free and open source LightZone photo editing software. Personal website: www.texandrewsart.com
"Photography is the product of complete alienation" Marcel Proust
"I would like to see photography make people despise painting until something else will make photography unbearable." Marcel Duchamp

tex's gear list:tex's gear list
Pentax 645Z Pentax K-1 Ricoh Theta V Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR Pentax smc D-FA 50mm F2.8 Macro +25 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
osv
tex
tex
tex
tex
tex
tex
tex
RVN
osv
tex
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow