Fuji XT-1 and Lee Big Stopper

Started Apr 28, 2014 | Discussions thread
Albert Valentino Veteran Member • Posts: 6,951
Re: Fuji XT-1 and Lee Big Stopper

Gloomy1 wrote:

I have just examined my hard grad and it looks as though the portion just above the transition is slightly darker but it may be an optical illusion. When I get back from Scotland I will investigate ways of measuring it. I have a spectrocolorimeter which measures reflective light and a scanner which may be sensitive enough as well as the Fuji XE-1 exposure system and if it really interests me I may persuade the local high school to let me use a Physics lab for an afternoon. Although what I do if it is darker i don't know.

Ken

Perhaps you do not need to get that technical. I took a screen shot from their website of the 2-stop hard. I can open it in Photoshop and use the Eye Dropper tool and the Info palette to run the eye dropper along the image and read the RGB values to see differences. Optically the screen shot below looks to have a slightly darker grey along the transition zone. It is hard to measure with a little screen shot and may not be representative of the real thing.

Perhaps you could take a photo against a white piece of paper and open in photoshop and measure using the above method. You might need to do this tripod mounted and shoot straight done under controlled light....

screen shot of 2-hard Grad-ND from Lee's website

-- hide signature --

Fuji Silver XE1 w/14, 35, 18-55, 55-200, Rokinon 8mm Fisheye & Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro

Albert Valentino's gear list:Albert Valentino's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro Panasonic 8-18mm F2.8-4 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Jil
Jil
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow