X-T1 Enhancements? Locked

Started Apr 27, 2014 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Rod McD Veteran Member • Posts: 6,224
Re: X-T1 Enhancements?

Hi Chris,

Thanks for thread.

I'm pretty happy with my XT1 and have few gripes.  I don't want to comment on the other suggestions - I don't use AF much and never use auto ISO.  I'd ask for

• Ability to disable or re-assign the video button. (I never use video either).
  • Get flash compensation out of the menu and able to be re-assigned to a Fn button.  What were they thinking???!!!
  • Can we please have a slightly larger hole through the strap lugs?  I'm an odd minority.....  I don't use flat shoulder straps or buckles or rings at all.  I don't use neck straps except in dire circumstances when I'm climbing and need both hands.  I like to be able to pass a small gauge climbing chord through the holes and knot it directly to the camera.  Small, light, soft and non-scratch, less wind prone on a tripod, and very compact in waterproof cases.  Just me..... I know.
  • Oh, and can we please have the 23mm f2 lens off the X100 in XF mount and a small, light, AF 85mm f2, or maybe a 90mm f2.4, razor sharp from corner to corner, reasonably close focusing if not actually macro, and with a filter ring of 58mm to be consistent with the 14mm and 18-55mm.  For those who want light kit with one filter size and don't want to carry the tele zoom.

Thanks, Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Olympus Tough TG-4 Fujifilm X-T1 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
jrk
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow