An Unexpected Meeting

Started Apr 27, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DavidWright2010 Contributing Member • Posts: 730
An Unexpected Meeting

Since there were clouds, and the possibility of weather, I took my DP2M on my run today.

I thought that I should have done this last week, to have a picture with 'power lines' for that recent thread...

It was peaceful (albeit windy) with nobody out there except me and the turkey buzzards:

I waited at this spot for 10 minutes for the distant vineyards to come into full sun. It didn't happen.

Then I came across this guy:

He must have been a baby - only about 24 inches long. But I've heard that babies are the worst - they haven't learned to hold back the venom, and give you a full load with the first bite. I stayed 2 feet away, but got lower so show his eye:

OK, I should have laid on the ground for a better angle. Yeah, right - laying down with a rattlesnake - how would I explain that to the paramedic?

David

DavidWright2010's gear list:DavidWright2010's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma SD1 Merrill Pentax K-70
Sigma DP2 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow