SLT A57 RAW file quality, is it good ?
I own a Sony SLT A57, this is my first camera. I have been using it for about 8 months. I am an armature in photography.
I am using RawTherapee to process the RAW files. One observation is that there is lot of grain in the RAW file even at low ISO as 400 or 800. Is this normal ? or Is my camera defective ? I have seen RAW files from cameras like Canon 500D, Nikon D5100 (in similar light conditions & similar ISO). They look better. But in SLT A57's review it is said that A57 has got good RAW file quality.
Could some one guide me on this.
I have attached one of the RAW file from my camera. The lighting was not bad when i took this test snap.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4